Where do the international students hail from? Read on

Saturday, January 22nd (updated February 16th) -

There certainly isn't an even distribution of where students who study here come from - smaller countries sometimes greatly outnumber much larger, nearby ones.  In approximate order, I've met people studying here from these countries:

- Canada
- United States
- Belgium
- Australia
- Germany
- Netherlands
- France
- Spain
- Italy
- China
- Finland
- Singapore
- Austria
- Turkey
- Egypt
- Georgia
- United Kingdom

Amongst many other students whose place of origin I don't know, and not counting any Swedes who are originally from other countries.  The two that stand out as unusually high are Canada outnumbering the United States, and Belgium outnumbering France.  I suspect climate is a significant factor in the first one, and a factor in the second one as well, at least relative to southern France.  Also surprising is that I've yet to meet anyone from the UK.  It's certainly the largest missing western European country.  I've heard there are a few British students here, but not a whole lot.

This post may be updated in the future as I meet more international students from more countries.

updated on Feb. 16th to include more nations from whence I've met students

1 comment:

  1. I will admit, I am one of the international students from the United States. I enjoyed my brief time in Sweden and hope to travel back sometime in the near future.

    ReplyDelete